Money Advice

Did you know how our Money Advice Team might be able to help you? 

  • We assist customers who are struggling financially with food bank vouchers or parcels
  • We provide customers with advice about the welfare benefits they might be entitled to
  • We have assisted over 500 customers at the start of their Universal Credit journey
  • We have helped over 150 customers in the last year with money management matters
  • If you are a woman who would like to get back to work and need some help and advice please contact Smart Works Greater Manchester


Our Money Advice Team:

Our Money Advice Team has helped many customers deal with their debts by communicating with creditors on their behalf, making affordable agreements and in some cases, having debts written off.

Our Money Advice Officer can come and visit you in the comfort of your own home and help you deal with your financial matters and also check if you are claiming all the benefits that you are entitled to. This is a completely free service, so why wait? Get in touch with our Money Advice Service today.

Phone: 0161 486 7684 



Cold Weather Payment 

“Did you know? You may be entitled to a Cold Weather Payment if you’re receiving certain welfare benefits.

You may get Cold Weather Payments if you’re getting:

  • Pension Credit
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Universal Credit
  • Support for Mortgage Interest

You will get a payment if the average temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees Celsius or below for seven consecutive days. You will get £25 for each seven day period of very cold weather between 1 November and 31 March.

You do not need to apply as the payment will be made automatically but if you do not receive anything and think you should have then tell your Pension Centre of Jobcentre Plus Office.”

Our Money Advice referral form

If you need help and advice on money related matters, please complete our Money Advice referral form here

Why not watch our Money Advice Facebook live session by clicking on the film below:


Personal Independence Payments: 

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has made a number of useful films to help you with your Personal Independence Payments. Here are just a few.


To find out more about the PIP payments, please visit the DWP YouTube pages by clicking here