Anti Social Behaviour
Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) includes a variety of behaviours that can have an impact on the quality of community life. Great Places is committed, in conjunction with partners, to deal with ASB.
We expect residents living within our neighbourhoods to be good neighbours and seek to create sustainable neighbourhoods whereby people from all backgrounds and groups can exist side by side within a culture of co-operation and respect.
Anti social behaviour can include, assault, harassment, intimidation, verbal abuse, drug related activity, vandalism or damage to property, and noise nuisance.
Some behaviour that is effecting you, but isn’t generally classed as ASB would include:
- Normal activities within the home at reasonable times of the day eg: hoovering, DIY, closing doors, people walking around, hoovering, using a washing machine.
- Normal noise caused by children at reasonable times of the day.
- Staring or looking at another person unpleasantly.
- Parking on public highways.
In these situations we would expect you to approach your neighbour in the first instance to talk about the issue and how you can agree to resolve it or come to a suitable compromise.
If you are affected by ASB please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 486 7765.
What happens when I report ASB?
- We will record your complaint and pass it immediately to your Customer Relationship Manager/Retirement Living Co-ordinator who will respond to your complaint within 48 hours (working days).
- We will open a case and complete an initial report to establish the category of ASB.
- We will respond to all reports of race/hate crime/threats or use of violence including domestic violence within 24 hours (working days).
Equity Housing Group will investigate your report thoroughly and seek to find a solution as swiftly as possible.
Please click here for more information and advice about the use of CCTV within your property.